Problem / Symptom: When publishing a journal you receive a generic “Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.InfoException” was thrown error. Or you receive an error “Account number for transaction type Bank does not exist.”
Description: We received this error reported by the client when trying to post a general journal recently. They received the generic type of XPP error as shown above and were not able to diagnose the problem correctly
Solution: The first step to resolving this issue was to receive better error messages so that the problem can be diagnosed. By disabling the “Execute business operations in CIL” option for the user for the duration of debugging. To do this:
1. Navigate to System Administration -> Users -> Options -> Development.
2. Untick the “Execute business operations in CIL” option.
We were then able to diagnose that the bank account used as the offset account did not have a “main account” number setup for it. This may have been due to faulty importing. To resolve:
1. Navigate to Bank -> Cash & Bank Management -> Bank Accounts
2. Select bank account in question, click edit
3. Expand currency management and select a main account.